A new digital system for lodging Heritage Act applications and searching heritage information is coming soon.
The Heritage Management System (HMS) will transform the way customers access and engage with Heritage NSW services and heritage information.
NSW Heritage Management System is coming
Soon you will be able to:
- lodge, pay and track Heritage Act permit applications online
- search heritage information across NSW on an interactive map
The HMS will replace existing systems and paper-based application processes. Our goal is to have one coordinated online system that is easy to use, transparent and streamlined.
This new digital system has been designed for our customers including State Heritage Register owners, industry and heritage professionals, and local and state government agencies. Through this system we will process applications and provide advice more efficiently.
Some of the key features will include:
- ability to set up a secure login for access to applications
- track progress of your applications via online workflows and a dashboard
- receive emails at key stages of your application process
- an interactive map which will allow you for the first time to search and view heritage spatially.
The HMS will also improve how we manage environmental heritage information across NSW.
Stage 1 of the HMS is expected to go live soon. The next stage with additional functionality will go live later in 2021.
Further updates will be posted on this site as the go live date approaches.