Nominations are being sought to fill four (4) vacancies on the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee (ACHAC).
Do you want to make a contribution to Aboriginal cultural heritage management in NSW?
Do you have experience in working with other Aboriginal people to address significant cultural heritage management issues?
The NSW Government is inviting nominations from Aboriginal people for the appointment of four (4) members to the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee (ACHAC).
ACHAC advises the Minister and Department on matters relating to the identification, assessment and management of Aboriginal cultural heritage in NSW.
Nominations are invited to fill current and future vacancies that may arise.
Nominees must be
- Nominees of Aboriginal elders groups; or
- Registered native title claimants; or
- Aboriginal owners listed on the register under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983
Your nomination must demonstrate
- Your involvement in cultural heritage matters in your local community and
- Your understanding of cultural heritage management issues
Please ensure you complete all relevant sections and provide supporting documentation, as needed, with your nomination.
For more information on the role of ACHAC, see our Business Plan.
Nominations close at 11:59pm, Wednesday 10 November 2021.
To apply, download:
For any further enquiries, please contact the Secretariat, Heritage NSW via:
Phone: (02) 9873 8579