Anyone can comment on whether an item should be listed on the NSW State Heritage Register.
Process for submitting comments
- View nomination listings and final closing dates:
- Nominations currently under consideration for listing
- Items currently under consideration for removal
- Click on the item name to view further information about the history and heritage significance held on the online heritage database.
- Download the State Heritage Register Criteria. It lists information that outlines different ways an item might be of State heritage significance. The Heritage Council uses these criteria when recommending a final decision to the Minister for Heritage.
- Make a written submission before the closing date.
What information should you include in your submission?
Your submission might consider:
- If the item is or is not of State heritage significance
- What the advantages and disadvantages will be e.g. reasonable economic use, conservation, financial implications.
- Additional information such as historical context, diagrams or maps.
Submit your comments
Department of Premier & Cabinet
Locked Bag 5020
Parramatta NSW 2124