Subdivision on non-significant buildings
This exemption is for subdivision of the interior of a building that is not of heritage significance or the exterior of a heritage item for car spaces only.
Standard Exemption 11. Subdivision of non-significant buildings
General conditions (see page 6 of Government Gazette) apply to the use of all Standard Exemptions and must be complied with.
The following specified activities/works to an item do not require approval under subsection 57(1) of the Heritage Act 1977 if the specified activities/works are undertaken in accordance with each of the relevant standards prescribed below.
- Subdivision under the Strata Schemes Development Act 2015 (termed Strata subdivision) of the interior of a building that is not of heritage significance and which has been constructed since the listing of the item on the State Heritage Register or the publication of an Interim Heritage Order in the NSW Government Gazette.
- Subdivision under the Strata Schemes Development Act 2015 of the exterior of an item for car spaces.
- Strata subdivision under this exemption must not subdivide the curtilage of an item other than for car spaces in an existing area identified for carparking.
- Strata subdivision must not involve alterations to the external appearance of the building other than that permitted by other exemptions under the Heritage Act 1977.
- The Heritage Manual (1996, Heritage Office and Department of Urban Affairs & Planning)
- The Maintenance Series (1996, republished 2004, NSW Heritage Office and Department of Urban Affairs & Planning)
- The Burra Charter (The Australia ICOMOS Charter for Places of Cultural Significance) 2013
- Subdivision and NSW State Heritage Register Items
- New uses for heritage places