The major works (or standard) section 60 approval pathway is for activities and works that have (or would have the potential to have) a moderate or greater impact on the heritage significance of a State Heritage Register item.
The Heritage Management System (HMS) is now live. Register as a user and lodge this application online.
The standard section 60 approval pathway is for activities and works:
- to an item listed on the NSW State Heritage Register or subject to an Interim Heritage Order
- that have, or would have the potential to have, a moderate or greater impact on the heritage significance of the item, in the opinion of the Heritage Council (or its delegate)
- that are not listed as an exemption under the Heritage Act 1977
- that will exceed an estimated cost of $150,000
- that accord with any relevant guidelines
This is the pathway for heritage approvals following determination of an Integrated Development Application and where modifications may be required.
Refer to the section 60 fact sheet to determine if this is the correct application pathway for your proposed activities or works.
Apply for section 60 approval
Applications are made under section 60 of the Heritage Act 1977, and approval to undertake works to a State significant heritage item, or a place with an IHO, is granted under section 63 of the Act .