The section 60 fast track pathway is available for works that have (or have the potential to have) a minor impact on the heritage significance of a State Heritage item.
The Heritage Management System (HMS) is now live. Register as a user and lodge this application online.
The fast track approval pathway is for activities and works:
- to an item listed on the NSW State Heritage Register or subject to an Interim Heritage Order
- that will have little or no adverse impact on the heritage significance of the item, in the opinion of the Heritage Council (or its delegate)
- that are not listed as an exemption under the Heritage Act 1977
- that have an estimated cost of up to $150,000
- that accord with any relevant guidelines
The fast track application cannot be used to obtain heritage approval following determination of an Integrated Development Application.
A section 60 fast track approval cannot be modified, except for minor administrative corrections.
Refer to the section 60 fact sheet to determine if this is the correct application pathway for your proposed activities or works.
Refer to this information about activities and works that may be suitable:
Apply for a section 60 fast track approval
Applications are made under section 60 of the Heritage Act 1977, and approval to undertake works to a State significant heritage item, or a place with an IHO, is granted under section 63 of the Act .