Prymont crop

Integrated development

Integrated development is development that requires both development consent and one or more other approvals. It is an efficient way for a local council and Heritage NSW to assess proposed works at the same time.

Local councils issue development consent under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.

Heritage NSW issues permits under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 (Aboriginal cultural heritage) and approvals under the Heritage Act 1977 (environmental heritage).


If you have any feedback about this information designed to assist applicants and local councils please email us at